Friday, December 11, 2009

Recovery is a Blank Slate

You have escaped the power of drugs and now you are able to contemplate the rest of your life. Recovery is the rest of your life and it’s a blank slate right now. You are in control of your destiny, creating a life of recovery and you are responsible for all of it. It’s up to you to decide how you will fill that blank slate. You are creating your own success and as they say, the ball is in your court now.

Addiction is a disease and you cannot underestimate its power. At the same time, you don’t need to live in fear of it. Make a zero tolerance pact with yourself concerning a relapse. Don’t allow yourself to even think about where you have been. Sure there are some who suffer a relapse, but it doesn’t have to mean you will. If you have to think about drugs, think only of the down side. We all have the possibility of another relapse in us, the better question is, are we capable of another recovery?

Don’t forget to take care of your spiritual self. Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics anonymous twelve step programs saw the need for a spiritual connection to a higher power. If you don’t have a relationship with God, consider giving it a try. If you have a relationship with God, work on making it better.

Spend time with your family. There is a bond there that you will not experience any where else. If the ties were damaged, work hard on repairing them. If there is any possibility that you can mend these fences it will only serve to make the rest of your life better.

If you or someone you love has a problem with drugs or alcohol, rest assured that there is help out there. A Better Tomorrow is just waiting to hear from you. They are ready to help get you on the road to recovery. You deserve a better life so make the call.

If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow Treatment Center today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ABTomorrow

5 comments:

  1. That's a good idea about starting with your family. It was probably the first bridge you burnt and it is the most important one to reconstruct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, recovery is the rest of my life and the ball is in my court. It's a rather scary proposition, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's one day at a time. I only have to make it through today and tomorrow will take care of itself then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been writing like crazy on my slate. I want to do well and I'm doing everything to make sure that I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking at that blank slate and I find it scary as hell. I just got out of a rehab center and I feel a little shaky. They told me it would get better, I hope they're right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never one to spend much time in church. Now that my life is back on track I find that I really enjoy the religious aspect of my life.

    ReplyDelete