Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After the Treatment

The treatment center you attended for your addiction probably wasn't much fun, especially at first. But, you stuck with it and you made it through the program. Don’t for one minute let yourself believe that getting through the detoxification program is all you have to do. You went there because you wanted to quit using and abusing alcohol or drugs. You’ve completed the program, that’s step number one. Remember, you went there for help because you could not quit on your own. If you try to make it alone from here on out, chances are you will become a relapse statistic.

The treatment center will more than likely suggest that you get involved in long term treatment. There are going to be times you will need the extra support.

Although you are responsible for your own life it doesn’t hurt to listen to the advice of professionals who have been helping others like yourself for a long time. Face it, when you were left to your own devices you didn’t do so well. That’s how you got addicted in the first place. You don’t have to take their advice, but it sure can’t hurt to listen and take it under advisement.

Recovery is a life long process. The weeks you spent at the treatment center were just the jump start to get you going towards the rest of your life. AA and NA have daily meetings for a reason. You need them. Find one and go to meetings every day. You’ll find support and insight from other recovering addicts free of charge. Get a sponsor, and let them help you.

Let us hear from you if you have found a successful way to keep yourself on the high road. Your success story might help someone else find their way. If you know someone who is struggling with alcohol or drugs, let them know that there is help available. It’s as close as their phone. A Better Tomorrow is waiting to hear from them today. Let them know they deserve a better life and tell them how they can find it.

If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow Treatment Center today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ABTomorrow

4 comments:

  1. I've tried to do just that. Listen to the advice of others, but make my own decisions. It's worked well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about the first couple of days not being any fun. I'll never forget just how horrible they were. I hope it's enough to ensure that I never get back to that place again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first couple of days of treatment are permanently etched in my mind. It's a place I never want to go back to again. With help such as I find here, I hope to make that my reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm being released from a treatment center in the morning and I'm pretty nervous about being back out in public. I know I'm going to need help to stay clean and keep myself on a progressive track. Thanks to sites like yours, I know what to expect and how to get the help I will need.

    ReplyDelete