Thursday, December 3, 2009

Celebrate Your Recovery

With the unpleasantness of the chains of addiction behind you, you might well be wondering what comes next. You need to start with a celebration. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today and you’ve earned the right to share your good news with family and close friends. They all worried about you and wanted you to succeed in your fight against addiction. They were probably your staunchest supporters and I believe they still are today.

Family and friends love getting together for no reason at all, think about how much better this will be. They will be celebrating you and your recovery. What better way to celebrate than with a potluck. Most people love potlucks as it is a way for them to show off their culinary skills as well as being able to sample the best dishes of others. Food has long been considered comforting, especially desserts with chocolate at the top of the list.

Nothing soothes the psyche as much as good food and great company. Don’t discount all the agony you went through and the hard work and determination that got you through it. It really does call for a celebration. The positive feed back that you are sure to get from everyone attending will go a long ways towards making you feel better about yourself. These people believe in you. They’re glad that you have reached this point in your recovery and, like you, they have a vested interest in your future. They care about you, more than you may ever be able to appreciate.
If you have kicked your habit, whatever it might have been, and found another way to celebrate, let us know. Your happiness will go a long ways towards making sure you don’t relapse. Count your blessings, everyday. Write them down if you need to, but don’t ever forget them.

If you or someone you know is still battling with an addiction, A Better Tomorrow is waiting to hear from you, today. Make the call and start your journey to a better way of life.

If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow Treatment Center today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ABTomorrow

5 comments:

  1. What a great article and you're right on target that a celebration is in order. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have, and I do, celebrate every day. Each day is a gift I am giving to myself, my family and my friends. I've come a long way from the pit of addiction and I don't plan on going back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it is something to celebrate. It is still an uphill struggle and sometimes it's hard to balance the two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, and I do celebrate every day. I made it through hell and back and I never want to go back to that again. Celebration is a way to enforce that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We celebrate as a family. It's nothing short of a miracle that I have my son back as a recovering addict. I'm so proud of the job he has done and continues to do every day.

    ReplyDelete