Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter




Today is Easter. I waited to share this blog with you all until today because I know there are some who are able to be with family or friends for one reason or another. Sometimes the holidays can bring sadness because of this however, at the same time holidays are a meaningful time to make a major committed life change, like overcoming addiction.

Holidays, especially Easter and Christmas can bring people closer to their spiritual being, giving them that extra support they need to make a change in their life, a renewal, the strength they need to make the commitment to live a clean life. When family has been distanced due to an addiction, holidays are even harder to deal. As an addict, you may reflect more on what you have lost due to your addiction more so then any other time. N a way, a holiday can be a addicts savior if the loss they feel is strong enough to make them say “enough is enough” and steer them towards seeking recovery.

Easter is about resurrection, liberation, and belief - belief that you are worthy because you are. My hope for anyone and everyone today is that they realize they are worthy and that whoever you are spending your Easter with, that it is blessed and a peaceful one. Happy Easter from me and the entire A Better Tomorrow crew.


If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow Treatment Center today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ABTomorrow

4 comments:

  1. I spent the day with the family of two of my friends. Unfortunately, my home is so stressful I could only think of leaving it for the day. It was nice to be able to enjoy the day with friends who genuinely care about me. I called it a mental health day and I really did need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just starting my 6th day at the rehab center and I couldn't have outside contact yet. It was good to remember that others were thinking about me even though I couldn't see or talk to them. I appreciate your site. It has been an inspiration to me and I know it will continue to be in the future as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thought of spending another Christmas without my family is what nudged me into rehab right after Thanksgiving last year. It's not been easy, but it has been gratifying. I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed Christmas being back in the embrace of family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year was not a Happy Easter for our family. My 19 year old son died from an overdose. He left home over a year ago and we seldom saw him. Now, we'll never see him again. If you need help with a drug problem, get it now. No family wants to lose a loved member.

    ReplyDelete