Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Addiction Recovery - More Than Just Not Using

Addiction recovery is about way more than just not using your substance of choice. It is about healing your addictive thinking, addictive behaviors, and dealing with life in a different way – a more positive and direct manner.

Once the concept of what addiction recovery is grasped is when the real journey of recovery begins. It will always be a work in progress with its highs and lows.

Addiction recovery is not just the cessation of addiction behaviors and abuse. It is about human development, growing, learning what was stunted in ones life while in an addictive downhill spiral. It is about learning how to deal with life’s ups and downs without abusive or addictive crutches. It is about being able to be proud of how far you have come and how much more yet you can grow.

If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow Treatment Center today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ABTomorrow

7 comments:

  1. Before I went into rehab a friend of mine told me, 'just quit and you'll be OK'. In my drugged state I knew it was so much more than just stopping the drugs. There was a reason why I was using and I knew I had to deal with it too. It's been 3 long years since I started and I'm just now feeling like I've got a grip on the future. I know he meant well, but he had no clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much more than not using. If a person has never been around an addict, they have no clue. Lots of changes occurred to make that person an addict and every one of them has to be undone if the recovery is to be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be wonderful if it were only about using. That's the easy part and believe me, it's not easy or pleasant. The change that needs to be made is the real test.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why recovery is an ongoing process. There has to be healing in almost every aspect of the addicts life and way of thinking. There are probably very few who ever reach a point where they can honestly say, it's over, I know I'll never use again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been clean for almost 18 months. I wish I could have said I was clean after I left the treatment center. I haven't used since I entered it and I know for a fact I'm a hell of a long ways from being cured. I may never reach that plateau. I just might be in recovery for the rest of my life. I don't mind that, but I never want to go back to using!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can sure say that again. If anything, that's the easy part! Changing just about every aspect of your life to keep from using is where the real challenge comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With ok intensity there is a Max Gain Xplode opportunity youre taking too much time in between sets, resting. lastly, you need to exchange.For more ==== >>>>>> http://boostupmuscles.com/max-gain-xplode/

    ReplyDelete