Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother’s Day Weekend.



Mother’s Day will be here May 9th and for those of you who are struggling with an addiction, Mother’s Day could be a great time to reach out and get the extra help or support you need to take that step towards embracing a new way of life.

Mother’s bring life into the world. Mother’s Day makes for a great sobriety anniversary. Not only would it be a tribute to your mother, but mothers everywhere who are struggling with a loved one who is battling an addiction.

There are many types of mothers in the world. Just because a woman brought you into this world doesn’t necessarily mean she was the one who nurtured you. Many people struggling with addiction find holidays such as Mother’s Day difficult, especially if there in no bond between the child and mom. Sadly, this is often the reality in many addicts life. However, think of a woman who played or tried to play an active nurturing role in your life. You may have pushed them away due to your addiction, but it doesn’t mean that their actions and feelings where not heart felt when they did reach out to help you. Sunday May 9th is that day you can touch back that person that touched you, even if it was only in passing, or if it is the woman who gave birth to you and nurtured you, and loves you, even at your worse with your addiction. Mother’s Day is a great day to seek treatment, to get a new start, like a rebirth for yourself and the loved ones in your life.

Think seriously about paying the grandest tribute you could to a mother in your life and make a call to A Better Tomorrow and begin your path of recovery.

To all you Mother's out there.. Have a beautiful, wonderful, and special Mother's Day!!


If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow Treatment Center today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ABTomorrow

6 comments:

  1. I don't think it was a planned move, but a year ago Mother's Day, my youngest son checked himself into a rehab center. It truly was the best gift I got that day. We'll be celebrating together this Sunday. His first year of freedom under his belt, and hopefully it's just the first of what will be a life full of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mother is the one with the addiction, so unfortunately that day is meaningless for her. I've just about given up hope that she will ever get treatment. She does talk about it sometimes and says she will consider it. That's usually just before a major binge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my only child to a drug overdose just after Christmas. I really thought it was just a phase she was going through and that sooner or later she would come to her senses. Mother's Day was just another day this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son showed up early on Mother's Day. I hadn't seen him for 5 months. He calls a couple of times a month to let me know that he is okay. That morning, he asked for help. I called a friend who recommended A Better Tomorrow Treatment Center. I drove him to the center and feel very much like I left him in capable hands. It was the best Mother's Day gift I could have received. It was your blog that brought him to me, and brought me to you. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your article. I spent Mother's Day waiting for the phone to ring or a knock on the door. It never happened. I have twin sons who are both drug addicts. They did everything together, even that. I hope and pray that they seek help before it is too late. Until that day, I'll continue waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to my Mom's, uninvited and probably unwanted. I knew there would be a crowd and that she wouldn't want a scene. I thought I could deal with it, but I ended up in a fight that got me arrested and now I'm in rehab. I know this isn't what your article intended, but the end result was the same.

    ReplyDelete