Friday, October 9, 2009

Drug Identification ~ Tranquilizers


Other Names: Valium, Librium, Miltown, Serax, Equanil, Miltown, and Tranxene
What It Looks Like: Tablets or capsules
How it's Administered: It's taken orally.
Effects on Users: Reduces anxiety, drowsiness, may make people lethargic, disruption of the psycho-motor, intellectual, and perceptual functions and convulsions.
Other Info: This drug accumulates in the body tissue after prolonged use, and tolerance can develop quickly so that larger doses are needed to feel the effects. When mixed with alcohol, tranquilizers may cause coma and death.

If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ABTomorrow

6 comments:

  1. I got into some real problems with tranquilizers a few years back even though they were prescribed by a doctor and I was taking the recommended dose. I'll never take them again, no matter what the reason. Beware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a bottle of pills in my daughters jean pocket when I was doing the laundry. I came to this sight to identify the mix and I'm sad to say they were all here. I haven't talked to her yet but I'm sure by now she knows I've found her stash. I hope I can handle this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doctor talked to me about valium just the other day. I told him I'd think about it. After reading this, my answer will be no. It's just too scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my mom taking valium when most of us kids were in our teens. I haven't heard of any of my friends taking tranquilizers but I guess that doesn't mean they don't. We all have kids, I just hope if they do they are being cautious with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enough trouble with my brain not working fast enough. I'm frequently teased about being blond. I know I would never take a tranquilizer. It would probably put me right to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder how many people are taking one of these medications? I bet if they got involved in an outdoor activity, they wouldn't need a pill. Fresh air and sunshine are a couple of underused prescriptions as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete