Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Drug Identification ~ Methaqualone



Other Names: Quaaludes, Ludes, Sopors
What It Looks Like: Tablets
How it's Administered: It's taken orally.
Effects on Users: Calming, sleep induction and anxiety reduction, slurred speech, clumsiness, unconsciousness
Other Info: Dependence on Methaqualone can develop, and sudden withdrawal from high doses can result in irritability, nervousness, delirium, sleeplessness, fainting, sickness, twitching, fits and death. They're especially dangerous when mixed with alcohol.

If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ABTomorrow

5 comments:

  1. Quaaludes have been around for a while. One of my friends put herself in the hospital taking these with alcohol. She said it was an accident but I still don't believe that. I think it was a cry for help. She has cleaned up her act since those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this, just sitting here shaking my head. How can people take this stuff, knowing what's going to happen when they quit? I'm perplexed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister is dead because of she mixed her sleeping pills with alcohol. I'll always be left to wonder if it was an accident or suicide. I guess it really doesn't matter which, she's gone and knowing won't bring her back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Celeste, I lost a sister too. I know hers was an accident, but it didn't help to know that. I think young people need to know and understand that you only get to die once and it's forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would you take something that could cause fits and deaths? I really think people who do drugs have something misconnected in their brains.

    ReplyDelete