Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Drug Identification ~ Phencyclidine

PCP
Angel Dust
Other Names: PCP, Hog, Angel Dust, Loveboat, Lovely
What It Looks Like: Liquid, white crystalline powder, pills, capsules
How it's Administered: It's taken orally, injected or smoked (sprayed on joints or cigarettes).
Effects on User: Increased heart rate and blood pressure, impaired motor function, memory loss, numbness, nausea/vomiting, possible decrease in blood pressure and heart rate, panic, aggression, violence, loss of appetite and depression.
Other Info: PCP is a synthetic drug that was originally developed for its anesthetic properties and marketed for surgical procedures in 1950’s. I was removed from the market because patients receiving it became delirious and experienced hallucinations, and it is now a drug of abuse used solely for its potent hallucinogenic effects.

If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ABTomorrow

7 comments:

  1. I have heard of angel dust but never really knew what it was. Thanks for the information and identification of this drug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty potent drug. I can't imagine that hallucinations are fun. I have trouble understanding why people do drugs, especially ones like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard kids talking about PCP and Angel Dust but didn't realize that they were the same thing. I feel really stupid about drugs but as stupid as I feel I'm not stupid enough to try them. Life is hard enough without complicating more with drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Woody. I agree totally. The money doesn't go far enough now, I can't imagine trying to support a drug habit and supporting a family with the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shared a joint with my boyfriend. He forgot to tell me that it was dosed with PCP. I went through hell that night. Needless to say, he's not by boyfriend any longer. He may have cured my marijuana vice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PCP use is what my cousin died from. We were very close, or so I thought. I had no idea he was using.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very instructive and good bodily structure of subject matter, now that’s user pleasant (:. site link

    ReplyDelete