Friday, October 2, 2009

Drug Identification ~ Barbiturates




Other Names: Downers, Barbs, Blue Devils, Red Devils, Yellow Jacket, Yellows, Nembutal, Tuinals, Seconal, and Amytal
What It Looks Like: Red, yellow, blue, or red and blue capsules
How it's Administered: It's taken orally.
Effects on User: Calming, sleep induction and anxiety reduction, slurred speech, clumsiness, unconsciousness.
Other Info: Dependence on barbiturates can develop, and sudden withdrawal from high doses can result in irritability, nervousness, delirium, sleeplessness, fainting, sickness, twitching, fits and death. They're especially dangerous when mixed with alcohol.

If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ABTomorrow

5 comments:

  1. It seems to be a fairly common occurance that drugs are mixed with alcohol. It sounds a little bit like Russian Roulette to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Frank, but then taking any drug except for prescription drugs according to directions can cause problems. The best solution is not to take them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend used to take these whenever he had to give a speech for school. That was only the beginning of a bad habit that lasted for several years and ended with his death. I wish I had known how serious the problem was, but he would never talk to me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some nights that for whatever reason I just can't get to sleep. I have thought about using a sleeping pill but the warnings on the back keep me from even trying them. I guess when I get tired enough, I'll sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading the list of effects reminds me of a guy I work with. He's always in a state like that.

    ReplyDelete