Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Clubs and Their Drugs


Loosely defined, club drugs are a category of recreational drugs that are associated with parties. Over the years these parties have occurred in places called discotheques, dance clubs and, most recently, raves. Club drugs can include, but are not limited to, ecstasy, 2C-B, inhalants like nitrous oxide and amyl nitrite “poppers”, stimulants such as amphetamines and cocaine and hallucinogens such as LSD and psilocybin mushrooms. GHB and ketamine are depressants, but are still referred to as club drugs. “Club drugs” vary by country and region. Quaaludes suspend motor coordination and give the sensation of the arms and legs turning to jello. Occasionally, you can find heroin being sold at some clubs.

The parties generally last all night and the dancers use the drugs for their stimulating or psychedelic properties. Poppers is the street name for alkyl nitrites, which is a clear, yellow volatile liquid which is inhaled and has an intoxicating effect. Ketamine produces a dissociative state producing a sense of detachment from the physical body and the external world. Hallucinations and effects include changes in the perception of distances, relative scale, color and durations/time, as well as a slowing of the visual system’s ability to update what the user is seeing. With high doses sounds can be out of sync with what is being seen. Colors can turn into sounds and sounds can turn into colors.

Party pills aka herbal highs, pep pills, dance pills and natural power describe a recreational drug whose main ingredient was originally benzyl-piperazine (BZP) but now could be one of many compounds with a variety of effects. BZP has been banned in some countries, including the USA. Several other derivatives of piperazine are usually mixed with other ingredients such as caffeine, 5-HTP and a range of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and binders to make party pills. Not all of the ingredients are revealed by some manufacturers.

If you find yourself in trouble with club drugs and don’t know where to turn, turn to us for help. A Better Tomorrow can give you back your life if you will only make the call.

If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ABTomorrow

9 comments:

  1. Banned doesn't seem to mean much of anything anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do these places exist and stay in business. Surely the police have to know they are there and what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a sad state of affairs that these places even exist. I wonder if the people who go to these places will ever grow up. It's scary to think that they will be the ones to run the country in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in a small town and someone tried to get a permit to open an under 21 club here. I'm glad they were not allowed to. Maybe it wouldn't have turned into a drug scene, I don't know. Our kids lead pretty protected lives and we want to keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mentioned this to a friend of mine not long ago and told her I was glad we didn't have a club like this in our town. She laughed at me and told me I was pretty naive if I thought there wasn't. Turns out she's right, there is one right here and I had no idea. My kids aren't old enough yet to have to worry about it, but it won't be long. I pray that it closes before that becomes an issue for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can sympathyze Celine. The people who open and run these clubs don't advertise because they don't really want parents to know they are in business. We've been able to keep them out of our town so far but I don't know how long that will last.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard some pretty wild stories about these places. I'm not sure I would have gone to one when I could have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just had one of these clubs open in a town very near to us. My teens have expressed an interest in going to see what all the hype is about. I've been trying to talk them out of it but I think I'm losing the battle. I guess I'll have to trust their judgement until they prove to me I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just purchased a pack of Trip2Night from Narcomundo.com. I paid around 30 dollars and the shipping was free. I emailed them to see how long it will take to get to me, but they have not emailed me back yet. The first week end night I get it I will try it and let you know if I like it or not. I will concentrate more on the things I do not like since the web sites selling it are promoting it enough and that is not my job. My job is to let the world know if there are any areas I do not like. I will get back to this after I try it.

    ReplyDelete