Monday, November 16, 2009

Using Embalming Fluid to Get High ~ Drug Wet

Every adult knows what embalming fluid is, and what it’s used for, even if they do not know what it is made from. It is a combination made up mostly of Formaldehyde, methanol and ethanol, with other minor solvents added in. Like most chemicals which fulfill a valid need, this is also another chemical being abused by drug users. The combination is used to soak tobacco, cigarettes, and/or marijuana joints in and after it dries, the product is smoked. Some times PCP is added to the mixture.

Each treated ‘smoke’ can be sold for about $20.00. The street name’s include wet, sherm, fry, amp, illy, dank, hydro, and matrix. This is not an all inclusive list and terms vary depending on the location across the country. As with other drugs, wet has no boundaries. It is used by rich and poor, young and old, and in big cities as well as small towns. A regular cigarette soaked in this solution is seldom caught because these are not drugs that are normally tested for. There seems to be a certain morbid, gothic appeal to using embalming fluid to get high. It is more popular with children and young adults.

Symptoms may include coma, seizures, renal failure, and stroke. Depending on the mix and the individual, the high can last from six hours to three days. Users may appear spaced out and dissociative. When PCP is added there is often destructive behavior. Under the influence of “wet”, a 14 year old boy stabbed a thirty three year old neighbor 70 times. He told authorities he took the drug to quiet the voices in his head.

If you or someone you know has a drug problem, you need to know that there is help available. A Better Tomorrow is waiting to hear from you, today. Make the call; you are worth it.

If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow Treatment Center today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ABTomorrow

5 comments:

  1. I don't know why this shocked me so much. There are no lows too low when it comes to getting high. It almost seems ghoulish to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard the term in a police series last week but didn't know what they were talking about. I wasn't even sure I heard correctly at the time, but wet is what I thought they said. How weird is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who the heck ever thought of doing this? I just can't believe the lows that some people get to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the thought of this makes me sick to my stomach. Obviously, some people don't agree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kelwin, I think I saw the same program. I thought I had misunderstood too so I went and checked it out. It is weird, as are the people who do it.

    ReplyDelete