Friday, November 13, 2009

Drug Identification ~ Lysergic Acid Diethylamide

Lysergic Acid Diethylamide

Other Names: LSD, Acid, Microdot, White lightning, Blue heaven and Sugar Cubes

What It Looks Like: Colored tablets, blotter paper, clear liquid, thin squares of gelatin

How it's Administered: It's taken orally and in small doses. LSD is most often found in small squares of impregnated paper called blotter acid, or in sheets of paper like postage stamps. The drug is licked off the paper. The drug can also come in tiny tablets called microdots, or in small gelatin squares called windowpane, both taken by orally ingesting. A user can also get LSD in a clear liquid solution. This is most often dispensed by using an eyedropper onto sugar cubes or directly onto the tongue. Some users have also been known to put the droops into their eyes. Another type of LSD is the blue dot acid, which consists of paper slips smeared with a blue colored solution of the drug.

Effects on Users: Altered states of perception and feeling, nausea, persisting perception disorder (flashbacks), increased body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, numbness, weakness, tremors, and persistent mental disorders. Physical effects of LSD may include dilated pupils, high temperatures, rapid heartbeats, increased blood pressure, sleeplessness, appetite loss and tremors. The Psychological effects can last up to 12 hours.

Other Info: This drug has a high potential for abuse

If you need help, are struggling with an addiction, or know of someone who is, please contact A Better Tomorrow Treatment Center today. We are here to help.
http://www.abttc.net/
Phone: 800.971.1586
Fax: 800.401.8464
24 Hour Addiction HelpLine
Tel. (800) 396-9389 (7 days 24 hours)
e-mail: info@24houraddictionhelp.com
http://www.24houraddictionhelp.org/

Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ABTomorrow
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ABTomorrow

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this informative site. I have children and I worry constantly about them getting involved with drugs. I'm truly amazed at the number of drugs that are readilly available to them. It's very scary but I want to be on top of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used LSD once. That was enough for me. It was one of the scariest times of my life. I only did it on a dare which was stupid in itself. I don't ordinarilly use drugs of any kind. I'm not sure what got into me that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at a party a few years back and some girl really tripped out on LSD. She was trying to fly out the window and it took 2 guys to get her off the ledge. She had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. If I was ever tempted to try it, that cured me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't sound like any fun to me. The last time I felt like that I was coming out of the anesthetic after surgery. Not some place I enjoy being.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twelve hours seems like a really long time for the effects to last. I've heard that some LSD trips can be devastating. I can't begin to imagine.

    ReplyDelete